Home / Why Become A Citizen / Benefits / You Can Get Consular Support
Benefits of Canadian Citizenship
Explore all 10 benefits of being a Canadian citizen and get a Benefit Blazer badge!
You Can Get Consular Support
As a Canadian citizen, you can get a Canadian passport. If you travel using a Canadian passport, you can get support from the Canadian consulate.
A few situations when the Canadian consulate might be able to help you:
- If you lose your passport
- If you get in trouble abroad
- If you or someone you know goes missing
- If you need helping contacting your family in Canada for help
- If you need financial help in an emergency
If you have more than one citizenship (dual citizenship), it may limit the ability of Canadian consular officials to help you.